Forumspring RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

+7
Erikisadumbswede
ApplauseJunkie
Dmab
GovernorMuffin
M0Smun
aceDiamond
UU
11 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 12 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  crimsonCroc Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am

Trrrb had been following at Dee's side, and was lucky to not be in the path of his mad dash.

At the loud sound, she whirled around and drew her shield. Straining her eyes through the rough weather she called to the party, "See if you can get untangled fast; that could have been a tree breaking under strain, or something worse."

She advanced slowly. Whatever had happened, being in between an unprepared group and a dangerous disturbance would be prudent. Trrrb concentrated on her shield, drawing power from the area around it, causing a layer of ice to form in its surface. The chill spread beyond the edges of the metal, doubling the size of the original defensive instrument. With the drawn energy, Trrrb pooled heat into the gauntlet of her free arm.
A sword would be hasty, but a firm hand(le) on the situation would be... appropriate.
crimsonCroc
crimsonCroc

Back to top Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 12 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  GovernorMuffin Fri May 18, 2012 12:42 am

"Guhck!" William made a sort of odd noise as he hit the wall, pressed against it by Dee. This wasn't a situation he had thought he would find himself in in the near future, and yet here he was. Caught between a wall and a dragon. No, that's not how the saying goes. Oh screw it. He concentrated for a second, then created hand holds in the wall behind him and latched on. After that, he manipulated a rectangle of the wall behind him, a little taller and wider than him, to slide backwards and out, so he fell on his back, on the mountain ground. "Whew! Didn't think I'd miss breathing so much!"

Then he heard Trrrb's shout. "Oh, well that can't be good." He drew his sword and double-timed it over to her. "What's the trouble?"
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 pm

((Bunp))

"Oh yeah. Sure. Don't worry about us. You just go ahead & use your earth magic to free yourself. We'll be fine. I'm actually getting used to, you know, being pinned to the wall. It's quite cozy. The pleasant contrast of scaly dragon hide & moldy stone walls. Why, I can't think of any place I'd rather be, right now, at this point in time."

((Yes, that IS supposed to be entirely in italics. To communicate just HOW sarcastic he is being.))

Last edited by Breannainn on Sun May 20, 2012 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sun May 20, 2012 1:39 am

As the dragon came barreling through the tower towards Lydia, Angel somehow performed a miracle. With the reflexes of a truly attentive and loving caregiver, he leapt toward his sister, using the full extent of his feeble magic to part the flames of the fire separating them, and threw Lydia to the ground, covering her with his own body. So doing, he prevented either of them from being squashed against the wall, only sustaining a minor trampling instead of what would have surely been for Lydia a bone-crushing blow.
Once they were clear of the panicked dragon's feet, Angel let her up and checked her over for injuries. "Are you okay?" he asked, dusting her clothes off.
Lydia nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you, Angel." And she threw her arms around his neck momentarliy, even giving him a little kiss on the cheek.
When she heard Aengus' sarcastic outbursts, however, she giggled and went to him, grabbing his ankles and trying to drag him under Dee and away from the wall. "Come on, wiggle down and come this way!" she directed cheerfully, still tugging at his feet.

((Crappy post is crappy. Sorry y'all.))

EDIT: Um..where are all these FUCKs coming from? Everywhere I used certain articles they popped up instead...

Last edited by ApplauseJunkie on Sun May 20, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Plinzer Sun May 20, 2012 2:07 am

((That would be me playing a prank on you guys with the forum filter. Don't worry, I switched it back. Just a quick gag.

Return to your scheduled RPing.))
Plinzer
Plinzer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sun May 20, 2012 2:52 am

Spoiler:

((Actually, the fucks were from Plinz's word prank. Those were supposed to be THE, but somehow it didn't get changed back.))

Last edited by Breannainn on Sat May 26, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

((Ah, I see that now. Darn...I thought that part was awfully cute. XD Oh, well. Save the cuteness for another time. Edited.))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  aceDiamond Thu May 24, 2012 1:05 am

"Well, another Ericsson! What're the od-" Suddenly, the surprise was cut short, being replaced by a much different form of surprise. The fellow in the robes hardly had the time to react before he was sandwiched between stone and scales. His mouth went agape and his skin turned white. "D-DRAGON!" was the only word he was able to speak as he was pinned by the beast. Whether he was too stricken by fear, astonishment, or some mix of both wasn't exactly clear at this point.

((Sorry, everybody, things aren't exactly conducive at the moment.))
aceDiamond
aceDiamond

http://www.formspring.me/aceDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Thu May 24, 2012 1:00 pm

"Yes. Dragon. You don't see me exclaiming 'h-human!' everytime I meet one, do you? Honestly what is with your species?!" Dee wriggled, trying to about-face in the small area and hopefully get out the door. Instead he ended up face-to-face with Brother Ericsson.

"Hello Human, I'm Dragon." He said with a grin. Grins were human things to put each other at ease. It took him awhile to learn that, because he used to think they were always baring their teeth in anger. But now he knew better, and smiled as wide as he could, showing off as many fangs and teeth as possible. "But everyone calls me Dee."

----------------------------------

Outside some large shape stirred among the trees. A tall pine trembled and them toppled with a crack as a looming shape shoved it aside. A rune shape began to glow red, illuminating a hairy shoulder it rested on, and a flat-faced, horned head. A blast of cold filled the air, turning the rain into sleet and hail.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc Sat May 26, 2012 7:15 am

"Trouble. I'll gather it's attention and you work your mayjik. Where there's a Will, there's a way. Heh."

Trrrb's free hand, glowing red hot, reached for the spatha at her hip. Drawing it from her scabbard, she swung it in an arc above her head.

The blade ignited and then extended; the sword was engulfed by a whip of flame and, while it didn't posses much in the way of killing power, its ability to inflict flashy - distracting - pain more than made up for it.

Trrrb snapped her visor shut, said, "Ladies first." and charged.
crimsonCroc
crimsonCroc

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sat May 26, 2012 7:07 pm

"Trouble? What trouble? Why is there trouble now?" Aengus asked, annoyed, as William left to investigate Trrrb's call. "The trouble is me being pinned to the dang wa-" It was at this point that Aengus heard the loud crack of a toppling tree. "*groan* Welp, sounds like there IS something going on."

Dee's shuffling had freed up Aengus's arms just enough for him to get leverage. Pushing against what was hopefully the dragon's gut, Aengus slipped down & out, freeing himself from the wall & heading for the door. "I'm going to go check things out. Feel free to wait here & relax. But if I'm not back in 10 minutes, please, please, send a rescue party."
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Mon May 28, 2012 11:04 pm

(( Reference photo of Yon Beastie: http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120528/n4fc42c4c35dff.jpg Stands Approx 30 feet tall, but I could be wrong cause I'm shit at heights.))

The monstrosity that faced Trrb seemed to have been made by a sculptor that only had the vaguest description of what a human was like, told to them by somebody who was blind. Humanoid was a rough description, for it stood on two legs, but they were bent and hairy. The arms were far too long, as was the thick muscular neck. Half of it disappeared into the darkness, thickly covered in runes like blotches and patches on it's hide. The tail was clublike, and seemed short in proportion to the rest of the body, but was still long enough to take a strong sweep at anyone who thought of sneaking up behind it.

As the inscetoid woman charged, it crouched down and swatted at her with a hairy clawed hand, unafraid of the fire. It's breath was steaming in the cold air.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceDiamond Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 pm

As the monk shudders and shakes lessened, he realized that the dragon, while strange to him, had a point. "Forgive me," he began, "I have never actually seen many creatures but my brothers in the monastery. You see, I have only read of tales of dragons in books." Shame coated his face as he said these words. After a moment of mental debating, he decided to expand further upon this line of thought.

"In fact, before this pilgrimage, I have never really left the walls of my order."
aceDiamond
aceDiamond

http://www.formspring.me/aceDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc Tue May 29, 2012 4:39 am

Rotating mid charge, Trrrb angled her body and frozen shield so that she would take the blow head on. At the same time, she whipped the tongue of flame around the left ankle of the beast and hopped slightly. As the massive limb struck her shield, Trrrb was propelled backwards and to her left, dragging the beasts leg with her. After being propelled a good eight feet, Trrrb ((Roll for landing, Got a 17 using the 20 from http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm Figured it'd be appropriate.)) manages to maintain her footing and root herself.

"KZZZZZZZZZZZRAUGH! Lummox of a creature! Burn!" At Trrrb's exclamation, her fiery whip surges with a pulse of flame, sending searing pain up the creatures calf, but not inflicting anything beyond surface damage. The stench of fried hair is thick.
crimsonCroc
crimsonCroc

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 pm

The creature shrieked as it's leg was pulled upon, but managed to keep itself upright. When the fire burned at it's leg it let out another roar, and another rune flashed red. The freezing rain evaporated into steam as the temperature swung, and now the beast's breath was ice-cold. The suddenly humid air froze to the tips of it's fur as crystalline dust.

Angry, it reached down, grabbing at Trrb's whip and pulling it off it's leg.

-------------

"Well. I think whatever is out there is bound to be worse than me. Don't you think?" Dee said to the monk as the monster screamed outside. "I guess you get to choose whether to stay in your safe little walls again, or to leave and face whatever is out there." The dragon laughed, working his head and shoulders out the door, and giving the man a little flick on the nose with the tip of his tail.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:55 pm

"Uh-oh!" Lydia giggled, turning at the roar. "There's a big monster outside!"
Angel heard the word 'monster' and scrambled away from the door and the noise, trying to crawl underneath Dee and back himself against the wall to put as much space and dragon between him and whatever was out there.
Lydia, of course, pranced right outside, sizing up the beast as she pulled Aengus' cloak closer around her as the air began to chill. "Brr! This monster makes it cold!" she squeaked, putting her hands out. Once again, just like with the last beast, she hit it with two massive bolts of lightning. "Die, monster!"
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 am

"I see you've made a new friend, Trrrb. Mind introducing him to the rest of the class?" Aengus asked, sarcastically, as he strolled towards the battle. Rather than rushing in headfirst, he decided to stand back for a bit & observe their opponent's actions. Maybe he could find some sort of pattern or weakness that would make taking the hulking beast down just a little bit easier?

Waiting on the sidelines, Aengus noted the beast's impressive strength & endurance. It wouldn't be wise to stay within striking distance for too long, lest he be squashed like a bug. "I knew I shouldn't have sold my bow."

"Great, on top of everything else, it's a thermomancer." he noted, seeing the creature easily evaporate most of the rain water soaking it's fur, then freezing what was left. "This day just keeps getting better. Well, at least it's not lightning magi-" Aengus began to say, stopping as he saw Lydia's electrical bolts soar past him & strike the creature.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:23 am

With a deafening -CRACK- the lightning struck home on the beast's knee and shoulder. It staggered and fell to it's knee, head hanging. It seemed to be defeated, but the dark patches on it's hide suddenly lit up with a flashing display. With a growl it staggered to it's feet as they faded back to black. It seemed unharmed, aside from black marks where the lightning struck.

Shrieking, it turned to Lydia, starting for her. But a large blue shape cut it off before it could reach the small girl. Leaping high, Dee bit deep at it's throat, but was surprised to feel something tough and hard under the thick hide meet his teeth.

Grabbing at the dragon with an over sized hand, it pulled him off by the neck- and seemed unconcerned by the patch of hide torn free by Dee's teeth. It wasn't even bleeding.

Dee bit at the cold hands holding him, hind legs barely reaching the ground. With many nips and bites, he tore the hide off a wrist- and didn't quite believe his eyes when a large rock fell out as the hand was torn free.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:25 pm

William had been hanging back just as Aengus had, waiting for an opening,and if there was any, this was it. Of course, he had never seen a beast like this, and his eyes widened as the rock fell from it. This was probably one of the biggest strokes of luck he had encountered this trip yet.

"Hold onto your hats, fellas, this is about to get rocky!" He closed his eyes and concentrated, reaching out to feel if the rest of the beast is indeed made of stone.
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Even in the midst of the chaos, Taryn couldn't help but giggle at the unintentional pun. This geomancer was so funny!
Lydia squealed in terror as the thing lumbered toward her, but Dee's lunging forward gave her enough time to scramble back into the safety of the tower and her panicked brother's arms. "I can't kill the monster!" she squeaked in horror, burying her face in Angel's shoulder. "Why can't I kill it?" she wailed.
"I think it's made of rock, Lydia. Lightning won't kill rock."
The little elfling was crying now. "What do we dooo?"
"Ssh," Angel said. "Let's see what William can do. He controls rocks, you know."
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 pm

William's exploration showed that the beast was made of rocks- loose boulders and rubble under a thick hide.

As if it felt William's magic, the beast turned it's attention from the dragon to him. Which was a mistake. Dee caught it with a kick from his hind legs and ripped the shoulder open. Rocks tumbled to the ground as Dee was released. He quickly took advantage of the golem's confusion and bounded out of it's reach with a hiss.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:28 pm

"Ha HA! I don't think so, you beautiful monstrosity!" William focused, winding his magic through the stone inside the golem, learning its' every crevace and contour, finding what drove it, and exploded the stone outwards, through holes already made, and through attempts to make new ones. This was certainly a unique experience for him. He had never met a golem like this or defeated one in this way. It was too bad he wasn't able to properly study it.
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:36 am

Shrieking- The best stumbled and thrashed as the rocks pulled free, most ripping through existing holes, but a few punching their way through new ones. Filling-free, it flopped to the ground like a sheet of fabric.

"Good job William!" Dee grinned, as the rain began to pour down once again.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:50 am

"Well. That was.......quick." Aengus remarked, a little shocked at how quickly the battle had ended. "I was kind of expecting that to take a lot longer. And a lot more effort. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset. I mean victory for us, no readily apparent serious injuries, another nifty story to tell. But.......I don't know, I was kind of hoping I'd get to do something. Oh well. My fault for taking my time, I guess. And talking too much. Which is something that I might be guilty of. Occasionally."
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:11 am

"I almost wish it knocked the wind out of you, Aengus, rather than me. Hah!" called Trrrb.

As the shadowy wrapping collapsed, she dashed over to it and pinned it to the ground with her sword. Considering what it had just done; she figured it appropriate.

"Now let's see what we have here."
crimsonCroc
crimsonCroc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum