Forumspring RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

+7
Erikisadumbswede
ApplauseJunkie
Dmab
GovernorMuffin
M0Smun
aceDiamond
UU
11 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 6 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  UU Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:41 am

Dee lazily opened one eye to glance at William. He really didn't want to talk about this right now, but with Lydia on his back he couldn't just slip away into deeper water.

"Well, I'm with you now." Since he wasn't going to get any sleep he might aswell go to his favorite spot on the river to fish. Turning ot head upstream now, Dee kept his pace to something the human could match from the shoreline, if he wanted to come. "That bell, on the leader's earring. It's cursed. He can hear the future in it, and if he says I go, well then I have to go"
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 6 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  ApplauseJunkie Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Lydia felt him move away and opened her eyes, then sensing she wasn't going to be able to sleep on his back, the child let go of the dragon's mane and paddled to shore, crawling up onto the dry ground on a soft, grassy spot. There she curled back up and closed her eyes again. She was dry in minutes, lying in the warm sunlight.
Angel began to slink out of the cave, ducking his head to avoid further ridicule. As he trotted away, he spotted Lydia lying a little way away from the bank. Slowly, almost as if he expected her to reprimand his behavior as well, he approached her. "Lydia?"
But she was fast asleep, and didn't hear him at all.
Angel stood, watching her, then sighed in defeat. He descended to his hands and knees, then laid down next to his sister, curling up around her protectively. In her sleep, Lydia nestled against him. A tiny smile lit Angel's face as he too slipped into unconsciousness.
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:29 pm

William thought for a second as he watched Lydia swim to shore. He frowned as he saw Angel walk out of the cave, then smiled a bit as he laid down to sleep. There wasn't quite much time for this, but he let it slide, these were extenuating circumstances. Then he focused again on the matter at hand. He was aware that Dee didn't have much choice by the chieftain's words, but this bell intrigued him. "Cursed? What do you mean?"
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:03 am

As his comrades to be exited the den, Aengus decided to hang back, at least temporarily. He followed at first, making sure to slowly fall behind, then broke away from the group once he reached the back, & slipped out of sight. It wasn't often that one gets the chance to see the inside of a Dragon Den, & Aengus intended to take full advantage of that.

Sticking to the shadows, Aengus quickly mapped out the caverns as best he could, taking note of it's various passageways, ledges, & shaded spots. Though he knew he couldn't hope to out maneuver the dragons in their own home, he could at least get the lay of the land, so to speak. And who knows? Such information might prove incredibly useful in the future.

After mapping out the den as best he could, Aengus ventured outside to regroup with his companions. As he emerged, doing his best to remain undetected so that no one would question why he had stayed behind. he overheard Dee telling William about the Chief's cursed bell. The possibility of such a treasure piqued Aengus's interest, & he settled into a spot just above the entrance, intent on listening in & learning as much as he could about the situation.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:17 am

"I don't know." Dee somehow shrugged in the water, a rippling motion through his entire body. "Nobody does, but him and the Elder. But magic like that always comes with a price."

The dragon slipped underwater, looking for the familiar weed beds and crevaces where the fish hid. Following his empty belly he pushed into the weeds, nosing for turtles. Before long he unearthed a large snapping turtle and dragged it into shore.

"Here. See if you can cook this up." Dee grinned, keeping his paws away from the angrily snapping jaws. Most of the others didn't appreciate a cooked meal like Dee did, but he knew nothing about how to cook or even to start a fire. Even simply cooked, or badly burnt foods were a rare delacacy for the dragon, and hey, humans knew about fire, right?
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:08 pm

William grunted at Dee's explanation of the bell. He knew curses all too well. But only because he was on the recieving end of one a long while ago. "Y'know, I was cursed once. Still technically am. An old witch came to me, asking for help. I didn't know she was a witch at the time, see, just thought she was some old woman. He said she had lost her dog in the forest, and begged me for help. You can't just turn down an old lady, s'not right.

"So I went and helped her look, till she got me with my back turned, and nailed me with a curse. Nothing too bad, really, just... really annoying. I got stuck making puns for eternity, and the old crone can't have hiccups for the rest of her life." He kicked the dirt with is boot. "I swear, if I ever see that witch again..."

He trailed off as Dee came up with the turtle. He honestly hadn't noticed the dragon dive below. What, was his story not immersive enough? ... Gods damn it.

"Well yeah, I can cook. Essential skill for adventurers. Hope you like turtle soup. Gimme a sec." He promptly whipped out his sword, and in one fluid movement, sliced the snapping head clean from its' body. After wiping clean his sword and sheathing it again, he took in a breath, made a quick movement upwards with his right hand, and a basic stone fire pit slammed to the surface. He looked to Dee. "We just need some firewood. Mind helping me find some, considering you're helping eat this thing?"

((You know what? You're a lot like a dungeon master right now, UU. This is like a roleplay-heavy game of DnD without dice, and that's really awesome.))
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:54 am

"Helping to eat it?! I could eat a whole one on my own! If you're hungry, then I should catch some more, shouldn't I?" The dragon grinned and skipped, if it was possible for a dragon to skip, back into the water, leaving William to both gather the wood and cook.

---------------------------------------

Meanwhile Aengus had a shadow. A short, grumpy, draconic shadow.

The one that had protested the adventurer's intrusion had spotted him giving himself a tour of the den, and was not pleased at all. So it now was keeping a close eye on him, a low growl of displeasure rumbling from it's throat.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:18 am

((Gah, I wanna wake the kids up, but they just went to sleep and Lydia will only get crankier if she doesn't get some rest!))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:59 am

((Will Angel be crankier? And Is that a problem if he is? :p

Or if in doubt: make a new character! XD ))
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:43 am

((They will both be better for sleep, I promise. Angel's really not a bad guy, he's just ruled by his insecurities and doesn't know how to take care of children.
I might make a new character in the morning. But three seems a bit much since everyone else still only has one.))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:35 am

((Oh fuck.))
Seeing that the conversation had shifted to a less informative, more simplistic tone, Aengus decided that this might be a perfect time to ingratiate himself with his new friends. Slinking down from his perch, he approached William from behind while Dee sank back below the surface. (Welp, here goes nothing.)

"Making breakfast, eh? Sounds like a plan to me. This little fire pit of yours should do nicely, but we're going to need some wood."

Aengus circles William, then gestures at his sword. "That's a nice blade you've got there. Very sharp, very hefty. Strong guy like you could probably fell a tree in just a few swings with that thing."

"Then again..." Aengus continues as he strolls around the fire pit. "It would be kind of a waste or time & energy for you to chop down an entire tree just to cook up a few turtles, not to mention the damage it could do to that fine, fine blade of yours. And, of course, the chopping down of a tree should, in general, be avoided."

Coming back around, Aengus leans on William as one would a dresser. "Now, we could spend a good while looking around on the ground for fallen twigs & branches to use as kindling, taking a good half hour or so to find enough wood for a single turtle. Or, you could sit right here, make yourself comfortable, & let me do the wood collecting. In exchange, of course, you do the cooking. Deal?"
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 am

William didn't expect Aengus to sneak up on him like he did, but didn't move but to shift his stance to a more sturdy one. He watched Aengus circle with a wary eye and a cocked eyebrow, completely silent. For some reason he seemed more like the sneaky type than he let on, and the way he was circling like a vulture put William on edge. He looked at Aengus as the man leaned on him, then grinned and shrugged at the suggestion put forth. "Sure, I can cook. Easier on me, and I'm not too bad, if I do say so myself."

He raised a few stone benches around the fire pit and sat. "I guess I'm waiting on two now, instead of one."
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:29 am

"Right then. I'll be back in just a few. Feel free to take a seat, but don't be drifting off to sleep. Unlike some people, I prefer to let sleeping dogs lie."

Aengus made his way to the nearest trees, & began looking them over, as if inspecting them. After a few minutes of this, he ran towards his chosen mark, sprang forward, &, with what could only be described as MAD HOPS, managed to reach the lowest hanging branch in only 2 jumps. From there, he jumped, slid, & swung from branch to branch, collecting any excess twigs ((as opposed to the boughs, but not indicating only tiny bits of wood. Look it up.)) that the tree could do without & letting them drop to the ground below.

Truly a stunning acrobatic performance. Or, at least, it was, until, after collecting what he deemed to be enough, Aengus lost his footing, & proceeded to tumble down the tree. Luckily, he managed to hit nearly every single bough on the way down, preventing him from picking up the momentum needed to receive any serious injuries.

Landing on his back, Aengus laid still for a moment before springing to his feet, collecting the wood, & bringing it over to the fire pit. "There we go. See? Much easier. Now we just need to wait for that dragon fellow. If you don't mind, I'm just going to........sit." And, as he finished, Aengus plopped down on one of the free benches.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 am

Aengus' not-so-little shadow growled in annoyance as he dissappeared up the tree. Cirling the base he tried to keep an eye on the actions that only reminded him of an oversized squirrel. A larger twig bounced on his snout, making him blink and shake his head.

Crashing overhead startled the dragon and in one surprisingly graceful leap he was hidden behind a large bush, his marshy green scales surprisingly good camoflauge. Before he knew it the meddler was up and at the rough campsite with the other one.

If dragons could grind their teeth in frustration, this one would. Deal with two intruders? Especially one that controlled hard, strong Earth?

The dragon huffed, looking around and weighing his options.

An odd ripple in the water caught his eye.

A tail flipped out of the water, splashing everywhere.

Ah! A snare! He'd seen them before. Dragon hunters set them up along the banks to catch them in nooses and drown them. Turning their element into their destruction. Somewhere under the water Dee had been caught and dragged down by the magically strong and thin cords.

Well this was not something the marshy-coloured dragon could stand for! He leapt out at Aengus and William with a truely ferocious roar, all claws and teeth and angrily coiled muscle.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmab Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:49 am

((So I've decided to drop this RP, at least as the character I currently have. I just really don't find him interesting, and his background implies both naturally not being trusted and naturally not trusting others. It's just difficult and boring for me to play, and as such all of my actions as him are kind of erroneous and irrelevant. I'm going to try to come up with something better and rejoin in a little while.))
Dmab
Dmab
Admin
Admin

https://oascar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:06 am

William grinned at Aengus as he brought back the firewood. "Hey, thanks, knew I could count on you, bud, and yeah, feel free to take a seat, I think you've earned it."

He began to start the cooking fire, pulling out a flint rock and a small knife, taking some bits from his tinderbox and lighting the fire. After a while he had a nice cooking fire going. He adjusted the stone rack to the proper height and sat to wait for Dee.

He heard the roar and spun around, but wasn't able to gather the magic to throw a wall in front of him and the dragon, nor draw his sword before it knocked him to the ground. He landed with a thud and an "Oof!", then swung his arm at the wriggling beasts head, trying to knock it out at best.
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:24 am

((Imma make another character in the morning. I just have to write it out.))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:18 am

((WELP, still stalling so that Dmab can come up with a character, but not going to stall so long that things die.))

The sudden ruckus comes disturbs, shocks, & greatly annoyed Aengus, who was looking forward to a nap before breakfast. However, as he reopened his eyes to see William wrestling one of the River Dragons, he quickly forgot his own grievances in lieu of the situation at hand. They could NOT AFFORD to start a fight with an entire tribe of Dragons on their own turf.

"Whoa, hey! Hey! What the hell is going on? What's with the fighting?"
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:23 pm

As Angel and Lydia slept to one side of the action, a largeish figure emerged from the trees and, skirting the action at the campfire, approached the water's edge. As the first of eight arachnid legs stepped off the bank, the water beneath it quickly solidified into a thick patch of ice, which supported the large creature as it approached the place where Dee was thrashing beneath the water. There it waited patiently, and the next time the trapped dragon's tail appeared a human hand flashed down and snatched it, drawing the dragon out of the water and slicing the thread of the snare with a small knife. Turning, it carried Dee back to the shore on its little ice-path, then as soon as all eight legs were on the earth again, the ice dissipated and vanished.
The creature set Dee down on the ground, bending to examine him carefully and check to see if he was hurt. A soft, roundish feminine face peered down at him out of a curtain of thick, wavy black hair. When she smiled, two sets of overly pointed canines protruded from behind thick, red lips.
From the waist up, the creature that now examined Dee had a lovely human figure, with heavy curves and strong, white arms and long fingers. But starting at the waist, the creature that stood to one side of the campfire rested atop of eight huge spider legs, and protruding from them was a massive arachnid abdomen, complete with silk-spinners. The human half of her was still bent closely over Dee, trying to see if he was breathing.

Last edited by ApplauseJunkie on Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:21 am

It would take much longer than that to drown a water dragon. But the cord had sinched into a crease between his scales and cutoff a good bit of bloodflow. So the dragon was hauled, dizzy and confused, out of the water. He pawed at the cord, arching his neck to try and reach at it with his short front legs.

Giving up on that, he gasped and tried to focus on the fight.

The other dragon was snarling and clawing, completely forgetting his magics in the blind anger. Completely unaware that William was not the target he'd been following for the last while. And oblivious to Dee's rescue.

The blow to his head made the dragon pause, but only for an instant to shake it's head.

"He doesn't.... speak your language.... but he understands it." Dee coughed to Aengus.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:36 am

William slammed his fists on the ground, and two thick rock cuffs shot up and lifted the dragon off of William, holding it in place and allowing him to stand and scoot backwards. "Would you relax?! I don't know what your problem is, but I haven't done anything to bother anyone in a good month, and definitely no dragons!"

He looked at Dee as he spoke. "If he talks, can you translate?"
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 am

"Well, yeah. Of course I can." Dee said, finally catching the loop in a claw and pulling it free from his neck. "Why wouldn't I?"

The angry dragon thrashed in his stone confinement, contorting his flexible body to try and escape, and with that failing, pulled the river out of it's banks in an attempt to wear away at the stone and/or flood them out with a large wave.

Dee endured the drenching as if it were no more than a sudden wind.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:17 am

The spider-woman, when she noticed the wave approaching, skittered backward and threw her hands up against the deluge. The water heading for her, as it reached a certain proximity to her, turned into a shower of ice crystals and tumbled harmlessly to the ground in front of her as she scuttled away on eight hairy rosy-kneed legs.
Her hasty retreat brought her dangerously close to the sleeping family, but only one leg tripped over Angel's foot, and the other seven remained steady. The disturbance woke Angel, though, and he looked up. Then darted away with a screech of terror, staring up at the half-arachnid figure. This, of course, woke up Lydia, who glanced up at the figure, then went to Angel. "It's okay, Angel. It's not a real spider. It's a pretty lady." She hugged her brother comfortingly.
The spider smiled down at Lydia. "Hello, there," she said in a rich alto tone. "What's your name, little one?"
"Lydia," beamed the child. "And this is Angel. He's scared of spiders."
Angel weakly protested Lydia's easy divulgence to the stranger, but was still too crippled with fear to do much.
The spider-woman smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Lydia. My name is Taryn."
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:38 am

Distracted by the arachnid arrival, Aengus didn't notice the wave until it was too late. As such, he was unable to even brace himself, much less dodge the wave with his HOPS, & was quickly swept away. Towards the cliff.

However, as Taryn had broken the wave while defending herself, it lost enough momentum for Aengus to anchor himself into the ground & ride it out. Aside from being wet, cold, & muddy, he was no worse for the wear. "Well, that was fun & all, but totally uncalled for. Why don't you calm down & tell us what's eating you? I mean, I think we've been pretty friendly towards you guys, & yet it seems like you're just dead set on starting a fight."

Aengus too the time to try & wring out his cloak as he walked up to the unfriendly dragon. "So come on, what's up? Wake up on the wrong side of the nest? Somebody steal your sweet roll? What's your problem?"
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:11 pm

The angered dragon snarled, twisting and still trying to break free. Dee's ear flicked upward, interested in what he had to say. For a few minutes the dragons conversed back and forth.

"There are dragon hunters around here." Dee finally explained. "Men seeking hide and blood and riches. He's accusing you of being one." He glanced over to the arachnid woman as Angel shrieked, but she didn't seem to be harming him, and he vaguely recalled his rescue by her hands.

... Well, he'd thank her when he had all this sorted out. In the meanwhile... Well, her elemental choice was almost habitually opposed to his kind. Though Earth too was a major problem... Fire/Ice and Water were fierce rivals. At least among the draconians. He didn't quite know what to make of this stranger.

Angel was one thing, but he could barely use his element.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum