Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  aceDiamond on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:41 am

The brother noticed the remark aimed at him. "Apologies, we should make off this way. We have quite the walk before us." He made a start through the woods. "The sooner we move, the faster we will make it to the city. But please try to contain yourselves. We certainly do not need too much funny business." As the path wasn't terribly well maintained, the monk showed all the sure-footedness of a toddler when traversing obstacles greater than a few rocks.

"If you don't mind my mentioning, you all seem to be very... odd together. Do you all just have tasks in the same direction or does your business have you relying on one another?" He stopped to think about what he said for a moment before going on again. "Other than slaying monsters, of course."
aceDiamond

View user profile http://www.formspring.me/aceDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post  UU on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:44 pm

"I think slaying monsters just about sums it up. And treasure hunting." Dee said, hopping over a bush in his path. "One more group out here looking for the Shifters Soul. Though I'm kind of surprised that we haven't bumped into others..."

After a moment he shrugged. One less thing for them to worry about, he supposed.

The rain was starting to lessen, the storm blowing past and breaking up the stubborn clouds. Morning sunlight lightened their path, and high above could be spotted the silhouette of their feathery guide. As they watched, the long form glided down and settled at the top of the rise they were climbing, wings brushing the treetops.
UU
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:44 am

Taryn scooped Lydia up and placed her on her abdomen, with the child's legs around her human waist in what would have been a piggy-back style carry, had the spiderling had a human figure. As it was, it looked a little more like riding on the back of a centaur. Lydia sat on the furry arachnid half of the spider, holding on to the human half of her with her arms and legs. It was a comfortable seat, and Lydia giggled from her new perch.

Angel stayed close by, trying to stay out of range of the spiderling's furry legs. He hadn't forgotten his last encounter with Taryn and recalled it being a little too close for comfort, even if the spiderling had been trying to help him instead of hurt him. But he wasn't frightened enough to abandon his sister in the spider's clutches. So together the little trio followed Dee up the mountain.
ApplauseJunkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:00 am

Aengus was happy to be moving again, though still a bit hungry. Maybe they should have eaten that Bunyip egg stew, even if that would remove the option for later. Oh well. No time to worry about that now. Better to stay alert, lest yet another terrible beastie get the jump on them. Honestly, he hadn't been expecting to face this much hostility out in the middle of nowhere. In a large city, maybe, especially if they had a port, or even a single harbor, but not in the wilderness.

Oh well. At least he had a new cloak, dirty though it may be. Not that he could really complain about the dirt, seeing as he knowingly made it out of the hide of a rock golem. But hey, that might make it worth a hefty sum to some avid collector. Hopefully, the One-Way City will have some more traditional boon, in addition to clues regarding the whereabouts of their target, the ever illusive Shifter's Soul.
Breannainn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UU on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:17 am

It wasn't too long until they had topped the hillside where Storm sat, his large bulk sprawled across several trees. Wings tucked, not to his sides, but crossed under his chin in repose.

Dee bounded ahead of the others, a snappy greeting on his lips, but he stopped dead at the sight before them.

Nearly the entire valley before them was filled with a giant-sized city, wrapped around a mountain in a radial circle. High walls divided the city into districts, and surrounded the city as well, looking firm and strong, except for in one district which was noticeably ruined, even from this distance. Each district showed colourful architecture; reds and gold in one, deep blues and whites in another, deep browns and mossy greens, and one showed white and palest pastel. Other districts were unseen around the bulk of the mountain, which had a lopsided look, as if part of it had collapsed.

"I can't believe someone found out how to hide /that!/" Dee finally exclaimed, the awe only managing to silence him temporarily.

"Beware." The canine's voice warned from the trees, "Someone waits at the gateways."

((Here's a really crappy quick map. Huur i can arts. http://www.formspring.me/ArtSlave/q/348702128748908591 ))
UU
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Catching up with the derpy dragon, Aengus couldn't help but be impressed by the sight before them. Whistling in amazement, he tried to take in as much of it as possible beforehand. Which district might have the best loot? Which would be the most accessible? Where could he run if he needed to get away. All of these were important things to consider before even stepping foot in such a METROPOLIS.

"It is fairly difficult to believe that this place was ever hidden. Then again, there are a lot of things in the world that don't make a damn bit of sense. That's half the fun of exploring it. Speaking of which, who wants to go first? Come on, that fellow near the gates looks friendly enough. We're going to need a volunteer. Anyone? Not including the medic or the cannoneer, of course."
Breannainn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Lydia waved her hand from Taryn's back. "I'll go!" She squeaked.
"No, you won't," Angel quickly corrected.
"But Angeellllllll," she whined, leaning around the spiderling's torso to look at her brother. "I wanna meet the people! The city looks nice! I bet they have nice people, and food!"
The mention of food made Angel reconsider. But even his empty stomach could not convince him to allow his sister to run up to some unknown guard with her usual everyone-is-friendly attitude. "Why don't we all go as a group?" he suggested quietly.
Taryn shrugged. "That might look as if we're storming the gate."
Angel blushed. He hadn't thought of that.
ApplauseJunkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:25 am

"Well, nothing to do but try. I'll go. If I signal twice it's safe, and once if I need backup."

Trrrb released her wings and began hovering at a pace, slightly faster than a run, toward the emerald hued section.
crimsonCroc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UU on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 pm

The insectoid woman was barely out of sight before Dee's impatience sent him bounding after her. "I'm just. Gonna... Yeah." This was the first draconic structure he'd ever seen! He couldn't wait. He made quite a sight, heading down the slope with his awkward run. His rump threatened to topple over his head, until he switched to a side-to-side slalom that made him look like a hyperactive pet.

The way there was longer than it seemed, with the walls looming taller and taller. About halfway there, Dee slowed to catch his breath and noticed something odd. There was a path, long and straight, as far as he could see (though others might see a slight curve to each side). It was only a few feet wide, but it was clear that nothing grew along the strip, and trees had their branches curving sharply away.

He crossed the dirt line several times, then shrugged and moved along.

The gateway dwarfed them once they approached, the opening, which was free of doors, was wide enough to drive several /houses/ through, while stretching in a tall, tall arch. The city beyond was made of stone and dirt structures, with plant life growing in elegant abundance. Mosses in a wide range of colours were cultivated in patterns and simple figures on the walls. They ranged from simple-looking hillside dens, to elaborate, ornate palatial structures of a single piece of uncut stone.

Dee was so caught up in the site, that he didn't notice the man until a simple strum of music caught his attention. A bard with a stringed instrument- Dee couldn't tell a fiddle apart from a flute- with deep black skin. Not black which was a deep brown, but black like a raven with matching hair. He seemed quite calm and content, watching the gawking dragon and insect woman with a friendly smile.
UU
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:50 am

Trrrb slowed her wings and descended, slowing to a walk. As Dee caught up to the archway, she stopped and took in the architecture along side him.

The note of music also drew Trrrb's attention, however she had been sure her eyes had passed over the spot it had come from and that, previously, no one had been there. She chalked it up to her own mistake.
"A manling with a mandolin, interesting, and I haven't seen one of that hue" she remarked to Dee, "although some of my people take to dyeing out their yellow furs with black, maybe this is a similar amusement? Younger generations confuse me."

She sighed, "Oh well; We should go and have a chat. Probably."
crimsonCroc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:27 pm

As Dee took off, so did Lydia, followed closely by Angel, who was more interested in trying to slow Lydia down until he could discern from those preceding them whether it was safe to approach or not. But Lydia had no such interests and wanted to meet the person at the gate as soon as possible, as well as all the people beyond the gate within the city. If she could have her way, she would meet and make friends with every single being inside the huge city's walls. Angel knew her intention all too well and wanted very much for exactly the opposite to happen.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) for him, Lydia stopped on her heels rather suddenly, sending him skidding to a stop some paces beyond her, and trotting back to her. She was staring at the ground, then up at the trees, then down at the ground. It was the same place that had fascinated Dee earlier: the line in the dirt where nothing grew, and where the trees grew away from it, leaning away. She stared, transfixed for a while with childish curiosity. Taryn approached them quietly, resting a hand on Lydia's shoulder. "What is it, dear?" she asked.

"Something was here," Lydia observed. "Like a big wall or something. See how the trees are?"

Taryn blinked, impressed with the child's skills of observation.

"It was a bad thing. The trees didn't like it." The little elfling frowned. "It was mean."

"There's nothing here," Angel grumped. "Come on, you wanted to meet the person at the gate. Stop staring at nothing."

Lydia didn't need telling twice once she had been reminded that there was someone to make friends with up ahead and went bounding once again toward their companions that had already begun to approach the musical gatekeeper. While the other two of them were still just observing him, Lydia wasted no time in dashing straight up to him and squeaking in her little voice, "Hi! My name's Lydia! What's your name? What kind of instrument is that? What city is this? Do you like it here? It's all green, is that a plant on the walls? Wow, you're amazing!" she rambled, thrilled to meet someone beyond their little established group of traveling companions.
ApplauseJunkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:18 am

While most of the others bounded forward, Aengus decided to take his time, approaching their destination slowly & taking it all in. Admittedly, he hadn't been expecting anything quite this ostentatious, expecting it to be more like a much, much larger & more sophisticated version of Dee's home-den, complete with little shops & such carved into the mountain. Not that he was disappointed, of course. If the city was this grande, then it was sure to have plenty of financially beneficial opportunities for the whole group. Or, at the very least, maybe a few spare coins or gems laying around.

Strolling towards the city, he stopped to look at the barren pathway. Very odd. He thought that it might've been a scar left on the land from the barrier that used to keep the One-Way City hidden from the rest of the world. Though, admittedly, it seemed a bit more sinister than the remains of a simple magical barrier, what with the trees growing away from it. Plus, that seems like it would've been a pretty good hint to those passing by that something was there, thus greatly decreasing it's usefulness as a barrier of concealment. Maybe that was simply a side-effect of the removal of said barrier?

Then again, this is all speculation based upon the theoretical existence of said barrier, & is thus a giant waste of time. Meanwhile, Aengus noticed most of the party had caught up with Dee, & Lydia was already trying to make friends with their greeter. Not wanting to be left out of the loop, Aengus pressed forward, his new cloak flapping in the breeze.

((Also, character art for Aengus, courtesy of UU.))

Spoiler:
Breannainn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aceDiamond on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:06 pm

The portly monk stood in total awe of the scenery. The great walls and structures were a far cry from his little monastery. From what he read, dragons were a noble and proud race. But he had become determined to learn more than what was just in books upon his journey, and from how the dragon boy acted, the creatures could be more playful than anticipated. He'd have to test the waters if they crossed paths.

Pulling the notebook from inside his robe, Brother Ericsson began writing notes and making sketches on the architecture and landscape around the group.

Last edited by aceDiamond on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : ((Because I'm an idiot.)))
aceDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 pm

((Nerm, Ace? There aren't any dragon girls. Dee is our only dragon, and he's a boy. I have no clue who you're referring to with that phrase.))
ApplauseJunkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aceDiamond on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

((That was my mistake. I seem to have forgotten genders at the time.))
aceDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:27 am

((Just a little post to remind everybody that this is still a thing. UU is, apparently, working on a post, but is having difficulties with the details. In the meantime, feel free to add your own posts. And by feel free, I mean that it's highly encouraged. Highly. Very highly.

Higher than fucking Mt. Everest, K2, Kangchenjunga, Lhtose, Makalu, & Cho Oyu combined. Yes, those are all basically connected. Shoosh. >> ))

((9/24/2012 Post Edit: Oooook. I'll try kicking things off. Since it's been nearly a month. More like 2.))

"So, how are introductions coming along? Is everybody friends yet? Are we welcome to enter the city?" Aengus asked, staring around at his companions, as well as the man with the instrument. "I wouldn't want to go in if there were some sort of problem, but we've come all this way, & adventure awaits!"

After a brief pause, a grimace slowly crept over Aengus's face. "Let me guess. Nobody's really done any talking yet? That's.......alright. Leave it to old Aengus the windbag. He never shuts up, anyways, right?" With a heavy sigh, Aengus approached the musical greeter. "Well hello there, my friend! I'm Aengus, as I'm sure you've gathered by now, & these are my companions. We wish to enter this fine city, in search of adventure, entertainment, shelter, fortune, &, of course, knowledge. Would that be alright, my bardish brother?"

((11/9/2012 Edit: So, this adventure is on hiatus. Not dead, just postponed until UU has enough time to try & get it going again. So I guess try to keep an eye on this & remember your characters so that you can hopefully get back to playing them as soon as things resume.))
Breannainn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 am

((Man, can't believe it's been so long. Hope you all are doing well. I really hope that this adventure can be revived at some point. So please, if you get some sort of notification of this, stay tubed. It would be FANTASTIC to see this awesome adventure revived. After all, from what UU has told me, we've barely scratched the surface of what it has to offer. Anywho, belated happy new year.))
Breannainn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 am

((*eternal candle-lit vigil* ))
crimsonCroc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:43 am

((Same here, man. I miss this rp. I had SO MUCH PLANNED FOR AENGUS. I never got to reveal jack shit. Though that's my fault for planning things that would cause trouble if they were revealed too early.))
Breannainn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Probably my biggest regret about this rp is that I had SUCH PLANS. SUCH PLANS IN STORE. So much plotted for Aengus. So much to do for poor Lydia & Angel. And all of which was to be, quite possibly, my most joyous project ever.

Major Spoilers:
Ok. So, first of all, Aengus was a Wind Mage/Thief. He wasn't super powerful, & used his magic in subtle ways. Such as causing distractions, boosting his movements, & redirecting his scent trails. In the past, he stole from some very powerful, very dangerous people overseas. Said people put a price on his head, & he began running. Eventually, he heard of the legend of the Shifters' Soul. Thinking of it as his golden opportunity to clear his name, Aengus set out after it. He followed a few groups of adventurers before he met the main cast, but none semed RIGHT. And then, he met THE GROUP. They were strong. They were smart. They were brave. Perfect for taking down the mythical beast, & perfect for taking advantage of. Aengus planned to use them to acquire the Shifters' Soul, & then take off with it & get rich. However, after hearing Lydias' story, he just couldn't do that. Admittedly, he was still going to rip everybody off, but he was then planning on giving Lydia & Angel half of the total loot, ensuring that they could save their mother & also never have to worry about money again, while still keeping enough to pay off his bounty & live comfortably until the end of his days.
Breannainn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Back to top