Forumspring RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

+7
Erikisadumbswede
ApplauseJunkie
Dmab
GovernorMuffin
M0Smun
aceDiamond
UU
11 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 13 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  UU Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:18 pm

The once-golem remained motionless- either dead, or unable to move without some form of filling. To those who understood runes, the symbols for 'heat' and 'cool' were predominant, along with a large number of smaller ones that were ancient and unknown, or perhaps improvised and new, which created the mottled effect on the hide. These, presumably, were what animated the golem.

Dee, nosing the fallen hand to make sure it was empty- and therefore lifeless, noticed a few runes on it- including a rather familiar wagon-wheel shape, with eight divides around a central circle.

"Look at this!"
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 13 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  ApplauseJunkie Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Taryn, coming out in a new ice umbrella now that the danger was over, glanced around at the group. "Is anyone hurt?" she asked, looking the combatants over. Trrb had been in the thickest of the battle, so the spider skittered over to the bee to examine her a little more closely. "Are you all right?" A healer's job was not to help end the danger, but to make sure everyone recovered from the danger as fully as possible.
Lydia danced over to Dee, who was examining the empty hide. "Hey, that's the drawing those guys showed us back at that other place! The wheel thingy!"
Angel followed his sister and peered over her shoulder. "What would a rock giant be doing with that rune on its hide?" he asked under his breath, his grip growing tighter on his sister's tiny shoulder.
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

"I'm mostly intact. I managed to prepare myself for the strike, so I only got a little stiffness in my shield arm for my troubles."

Trrrb retrieved her sword and sheathed it. She moved to replace her shield on her back and was rewarded with the joys of a dull ache spreading up her arm.

"Ah yessszzzzz" she sighed, "there it is. Massive creature, that was."
crimsonCroc
crimsonCroc

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:04 pm

William grinned at Dee's praise, and somewhat chuckled at Aengus' chagrin. "Sorry, old boy, but it was best not to let that go much longer. Don't want anyone else to get more hurt." He made his way to the beasts "skin", and immediately realized his mistake.

"Oh damn it! Why didn't I just fuse all the rocks together to immobilize the thing?! I could have studied-- Augh..." He kicked at the dirt and sighed. "Well, what is that wheel thing? /I've/ never seen it before. Some guys showed it to you?"
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:07 pm

"Yeah, our feathery guide showed it. It's what the ruins we're headed to look like from the air." Dee explained. "This must have been made in the one-way city! It's supposed to be abandoned, but someone must be there!" Or maybe he was just being a conspiracy-theorist, but why else would there be a shape like that on it?! He was nearly bouncing with excitement.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:55 am

"Well. All the more reason for us to go there. And quickly, to. Don't want any more of these nasty little devils coming after us. Though I'd prefer if we waited until the rain stopped." Aengus noted, taking a closer look at the emptied skin. He was still half expecting the thing to pull itself back together, & didn't want to be caught off guard.

"And don't worry about it, Billy. I'm not currently equipped to deal with something like this. It would've been nice to get some action in, but it probably would've been a wasted effort on my part. Oh well. Perhaps next time, eh?"
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 am

"Why wait until the rain stops? It's not that big of a problem. Is it?" But, he noticed how they didn't seem to enjoy the rain pouring off them.

With a flick of concentration, the water drenching all those outside rolled off and splashed to the ground. The rain itself was sliding off to the sides as if it was hitting an invisible umbrella above their heads.

"Better?" He asked, in the tone of one who thought it couldn't possibly be.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Taryn immediately shook herself dry beneath her new umbrella, finally taking a moment to carefully try to pull her soaked shirt away from her skin. It didn't work, for no matter how long she held her shirt away from her chest, the moment she let go of it the silk went right back to clinging to her ample figure in the most indecent way possible. The spiderling eventually just sighed and gave it up for hopeless, crossing her arms over herself instead, which only succeeded in squashing her breasts into each other and spilling them over her arms.

Lydia, as usual, delighted in the new water magic and made quite a sport of putting her hand out into the draining water and pulling it back into her waterproof bubble and shaking it off, squealing all the while and giggling at her new novelty.
Angel simply shook himself dry and hunched as unhappily as ever under his new protection, staring pointedly away from Taryn's direction.
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 pm

"Huh. Well, I suppose that'll work. Would've been nice to know that you could do that earlier, but I can understand how it might not occur to you that not everyone likes being wet 24/7. Still, with such a nifty little trick, I guess we can continue now. If that sounds good to everyone else, that is?" Aengus looks around to the others, & has to quickly avert his gaze yet again when he gets to Taryn, having momentarily forgotten her current situation. "Would someone mind helping her out with her, um, situation? I'm not complaining, but we don't want out healer catching a cold. (And it's getting just a bit difficult to concentrate)."

Walking back over to the tower, Aengus poked his head inside to speak with the Brother. "Hey, we're thinking about heading out. No decision yet, but if you want to come with us, you might want to start getting ready."
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:13 pm

William nodded. "Well, why don't we get going, then? It's too bad we didn't get much of a reprieve. And uh, Dee, maybe you could suck the water out of Taryn's garment? It'd be well appreciated." He scanned the landscape, then took one last long look at the former golem's skin. Fascinating thing.

He clapped his hands. "Okay then? Anything else we need to do before we go? Any other dangers around? How far are we from the 'one-way city'?"
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Dee didn't really see what the problem was about about the spider-woman's clothing, but he complied anyways.

"Well. I don't really know how far away it is. Thats what our guide was for.... But we were headed right in that direction, so we could keep going and get a head start while it's still raining..!"
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceDiamond Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 am

In the aftermath of the battle, the robed man poked his head out of the tower. "What in the name of all things was that? Is it safe now?" He looked at where the other members were congregated, near the dead husk of a creature covered in strange runes, eying it quizzically. The sound of thunder filled the air and brought him back to his senses, as well as to the task at hand.

"Right! To civilisation! Southwest of here, if my map proves right. Should make it there just after sunrise if we get things moving."
aceDiamond
aceDiamond

http://www.formspring.me/aceDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Taryn smiled gratefully when she found her shirt dry. "Oh, thank you!" she cooed. "I hate being wet!" This probably wasn't the best thing to say to a Water element, but as a heat-wielder, and as a relatively furry creature, dampness was not one of her favorite states.
When she heard their newest companion come forward with a map, she scuttled over to him and glanced over his shoulder at his map. "I'm not sure we're trying to find civilization, dear. We're looking for something called the One-Way City. It has some mythical origin, and I'm not sure will be on any of your maps."
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:36 pm

How weird.

Dee, curious, picked up the Golem hide. The thing was bigger than he was! With a flip of the head he tossed it over his shoulder and wore it like a cloak, with his snout peeking out from under the head of the beast.

Trying not to giggle, he crouched down into a stalking pose and slinked his way around the tower, coming out behind Angel. He tried to sneak closer.... closer...

When he was almost directly behind the elf he slowly, oh so slowly sat back on his hind legs... then stood up, towering overhead by several feet. Paws out, covered by the hide's arms, though they still dragged on the ground

"Angel..." He said, oh so quietly. "Angel...!" Impatient for him to notice, Dee lightly hit him in the back of the head with the empty hide.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:20 am

"The lady's probably right. Don't worry about it, though. After all, isn't the point of a hidden city that people don't know about it? Of course, we could also be wrong, & you could be in possession of a very, very special map. Unlikely, but possible. If nothing else, your chosen destination could be our second stop. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I left something inside. I'll just be a moment."

Aengus stepped back inside the tower, checking to see if there was anything worth bringing along. Unfortunately, there didn't appear to be anything especially useful, or even valuable. Nothing that he could see, at least. Rubbing his wrists & forearms through his sleeves, he spent another minute or so standing by the warmth of the fire before heading back outside to join the others.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:09 pm

The taller elf was slouching unhappily inside his little air-bubble from the rain, still relatively wet, considering he hadn't taken any precautions to protect himself from the rain before said bubble had been placed over him. His attention was fixed on his sister, who was prancing about happily, trying to outrun her rain-bubble, which of course kept up with her easily. Needless to say Angel's attention was not on the water dragon.

When he heard his name, the blonde male turned his head, and almost comically slowly, his eyes widened, he opened his mouth, and let out a bloodcurdling screech of terror, falling backwards in an attempt to get away from the horrid thing addressing him. As soon as he hit the ground, Angel began to scramble away, screaming for Lydia.

His sister turned around, took in the whole scene, and burst into hysterical laughter, clutching her sides and toppling to the wet ground, rolling and howling in gales of laughter. "Angel, it's Dee!" she finally gasped, pointing at the dragon beneath the hide. "It-it's Dee!"

The elf froze, staring at the limp hide covering the dragon. Slowly, realization dawned on his face, and he scowled darkly. "A cruel joke," he muttered, throwing his hood over his head. "If you think it's funny."
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:55 am

"Hehehe. Oh lighten u-Yipe!" Dee yipped in surprise as the hide lit up its runes again, hitting him with a sudden sharp chill. He bucked it like a prize bull, but it still clung to his hind legs, frozen to the rain on his hide.

"Get it off! Getitoff!" He yelped, kicking at it still, too panicked to stand still while it continued to burn with cold.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Taryn snickered when Angel screamed, covering her mouth. The poor gentleman seemed to be afraid of his own shadow. Still, it wasn't very kind to take advantage of his sensitivity for a bit of sport. So she covered her giggle at his distress.
The giggle vanished, though, when Dee started to thrash against the still-active hide. Cold magic? The spiderling knew how to deal with that. Suddenly, the top layer of Dee's scales became very very hot, and in a cloud of steam, the hide slid free. As soon as the heat had come, it dissipated, not wanting to burn Dee's skin beneath the scales. However, she had to heat him instead of the hide or she would have had to compete with its magic to override it. Heating Dee up for the shortest of instants was just easier.
"Are you alright?" she asked, skittering near as soon as the peril was over.
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Aengus watched the fanciful goings-on from the doorway of the tower, chuckling at Angel's fearful reaction, then promptly facepalming as Taryn was forced to free Dee from the golem-hide. "Ok, guys, new ground rule. If something was just animating inanimate objects or materials, it's probably best not to touch it."

"In fact, it'd probably be best to cautiously test any object you encounter before handling it. Since this thing apparently came from where we're going, there could easily be more things like it in the One-Way City, in addition to countless other objects of potentially unknown danger. So, basically, let's try to be careful what we touch from now on, alright?"

"In fact, while we're one that subject, here's a few more suggestions. Look out for tripwires, test your footing before putting all of your weight down, don't run off to investigate a noise or something that you thought you saw out of the corner of your eye, &, for the love of the gods, don't tempt fate with statements &/or assumptions. These are all fairly basic adventuring guidelines, but I felt it prudent to review them before we continue on. Now, if nobody minds, I'm going to ignore my first bit of advise & inspect the hide a bit. If something bad happens, remember me as an example of what not to do. If nothing happens, I guess that'll be the exception that proves the rule." Finished with his little speech, Aengus walked over the the golem hide & cautiously poked it with a nearby stick.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 am

Dee scrambled out from under the hide and away as fast as he could. Ears flatted and fur bristling he hissed at it before retreating to the far side of the tower. Okay. Okay. Really he was fine, but the hot and cold and the fact that the thing was still /alive/ had freaked him out a little.

After a moment of composing himself he peeked around the tower to watch Aengus' "Infestigation"

"Watch out!" He yelped, as the human poked the hide with a stick.

But nothing happened.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:45 am

After a few minutes of poking, Aengus stood upright & tossed aside his stick. "Well. That was disappointingly uneventful. I was kind of hoping for something to happen. I mean, I don't want to be frozen, but I've yet to get to do anything particularly exciting on this little adventure, & this would've been a good opportunity. Hm......."

"I suppose I might as well go the whole nine yards. Again, what I'm about to do is incredibly stupid, & is an example of what not to do. So, you know, no matter what happens, don't go around touching strange objects. Especially strange objects that have magical runes all over them. It will most likely not end well for you." And, with that, he picked up the hide with his bare hands, then....."Wait, what am I doing? BILLY, THINK FAST!" He said, tossing the hide at an unsuspecting William. Ok, it was a dick move, but that's what William gets for just standing there quietly for so long.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:53 am

William had been staring up the mountain, trying to get a scope on the terrain, as well as looking down it to see how far they had come. When Aengus shouted, he turned... just in time to be covered in the hide. "What? Wh-- HEY!!" He flailed and shouted, trying to get the thing off. A few rock spikes shot through the hide, leaving large holes, and William ripped his way out. "What was that for?!"
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:42 pm

"Well I was trying to get a reaction out of the hide, like the one our friend Dee just experienced. But I certainly didn't want to feel the reaction. I mean who in their right mind would? So I tossed it to you. Honestly, I was kind of expecting you to either cut it in half or raise some kind of rock shield to block it......Though now that I think about it, that might've allowed the thing to make a new golem body. Which would've been bad. Hehehe, woops." Aengus finished, feeling more than a little guilty about that whole thing. Walking over, he picked the hide off of William, & just sort of looked at it for a bit.

"Well, it's not exactly fancy, but it doesn't seem to be dangerous anymore. Might as well bring it along." He said, throwing it over his own shoulders. Even with Dee stopping the rain, he could still use something to help keep him warm. After all, he wasn't going to ask Lydia to give him back his cloak. He hadn't really meant to give it to her for good, but taking it back now would just be cruel.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:42 pm

The hide, tattered, and full of holes, gave a feeble sort of glow as Aengus approached, gathering a scattering of frost on it's surface, but it soon died out. Maybe the thing was finally dead, or just too weak to do more than 'grumble' as it's fate turned towards being a fashion accessory.

Dee watched the whole production warily, still feeling the hot/cold sting on his rump from that hide. "I don't like it. Things should die once you rip holes in them."

"....... Or at least be edible or something" He added. What he wouldn't give for a nice fat fish.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:31 am

"Can't say I disagree, but I'd rather keep it around than leave it be to muster it's strength & come after us again. While I'm on that subject, this thing seems like it could use a trim." Pulling out a hunting knife, Aengus began cutting away the excess fabric from his new cloak, then tying the excess fabric in an easy to carry bundle. It might be useful in the future.

"Well. Now that that's all taken care of, we should really get going. Feels like we've been standing around here for a month or so. Honestly, I can't remember the last time our quieter companions even spoke. No matter, though. If you guys don't feel like talking, I guess we can just continue onward until you do."
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum