Forumspring RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

+7
Erikisadumbswede
ApplauseJunkie
Dmab
GovernorMuffin
M0Smun
aceDiamond
UU
11 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 11 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 am

((Lydia wants to! But AJ wants to go to sleep. I'll see if I can get a post up tomorrow...zzz))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 11 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  Breannainn Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:51 am

((That's cool, AJ. Take as long as you need to. Also @everone, sorry if I've been "alter-spamming" you. I had a lot of revisions to make, both to my LAST POST & to my FIRST MAJOR POST.))
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Lydia pouted at being set down, cold without the heat of Aengus' body pressing her little frame against him. But at least he gave her his cloak, which she clutched about herself to keep the heat in. When Aengus knelt to speak to her, however, her face went from smiling to indignant in a great hurry. Of all things that could frustrate a child, being told "no" is of course one of the quickest ways to do it, along with telling them that they're not big enough or strong enough. Well, Lydia knew better.
"I'm a big girl!" she insisted, marching right past Aengus and Trrb to the door of the castle. "I can take care of things myself." With that, the small elfling gently pushed the door open until she had just a crack to look through. Pressing her face against it for a moment, she murmured something and then pulled back. "There's somebody standing in the middle of the room, but they don't look mad or anything." Just to make sure that was the only person in there, Lydia now put both palms against the crack in the door, and the room inside suddenly lit up with more than just the bonfire. When the extra light faded, Lydia just pushed the door open. "It's safe now. Let's go talk to the person."
From a thread of silk attached to the last outcropping appeared Taryn still holding a very stressed-out Angel. As soon as she set his feet on solid ground he scurried away from her in terror, although he stayed clear of the door.
"Have we invited ourselves in yet?" Taryn asked, sidling up to Trrb and looking through the now-open door.

((Just as a minor explanation of what Lydia did to make it safe: She sent two little bolts of lightning around the perimeter of the room, so that anyone who would have been hiding against the walls would be stunned from the shock and momentarily incapacitated. She didn't make it big enough to kill anyone, though. And it wouldn't have hit the guy in the middle with the bonfire.))

((I keep wondering what Lydia will be like as an adult. Maybe later on I'll throw some kind of magic at her to make her grow up. Thoughts?))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:12 pm

((*Pokes Greg with a stick*))

"Well. That works too, I guess." Aengus remarked, following Lydia inside & taking a look around. He was pleasantly surprised at how quiet & calm things seemed. Admittedly, that could be part of a trap, intended to lure them into a false sense of security. But, with the alternative being to go back out into the cold, hard rain, he decided to keep going.

"Nice work, Lydia. By the way, I didn't want to leave you outside because you were too vulnerable. I wanted to because indoors & close quarters are not ideal for magical combat, & your abilities would've been better suited to taking down anyone that sprang out at Trrrb & I from the shadows. Of course, I probably could've said that, but that would've risked tipping off any potential ambushers to my plan. Still, looks like things turned out for the best. Now, why don't we all sit down, warm up, & wait out the storm?"
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:43 pm

"Please, Aengus, close combat is my specialty. And you don't want to be stuck fighting me in a /stone tower/ of all things. But yeah, I think this is a good place to stay. I rather like it." William strode up next to Aengus confidently from the stone platform, and pushed it back into the ground once Dee was off. He saw the man in the room with the bonfire and simply walked up to it, sat himself down, and began to warm his hands.

"Hey there, stranger, what brings a guy like you out in this cold?"
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceDiamond Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:20 pm

((Sorry, sorry. I've been under hell.))

The stranger lowered his hood and looked at his new visitors. He raised his hand in order to convey a peaceful tone to his new guests. He's by no means large, except maybe around the mid section. And his smile seems inviting enough. There's nothing to the scene that presents any threat of danger to it.

"Greetings, please come in, sit down. It's not often that I find other travelers along my pilgrimage, but you're welcome to help yourselves to whatever you need." He gestured to the fire. "It's not much, but it should keep you warm for the night."

Other than the fire, the man seems to only have a walking stick and a book or two, which he puts away to make more room for the entire group. "Just passing through, myself. What brings a band of travelers this way?"
aceDiamond
aceDiamond

http://www.formspring.me/aceDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:45 am

Thoroughly enjoying himself in the wet weather, Dee combed the tiny pond and managed to snap up a mixed dozen of frogs, small fish and even a stubborn old freshwater eel. It wasn't much, so he nibbled on a few aquatic plants to take a bit of the edge of his hunger off.

Well, maybe the others will have something cooked up, he hoped. But... He couldn't really smell anything right now. So they probably hadn't even started on a meal...

With a sigh, he curled up in the water with just the top of his head peeking out of the weeds and pond scum, and began to nap.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:59 am

"Yes, ripping stones right out of the walls of a crumbling, unstable tower while inside said tower. What an absolutely brilliant strategy. Let me know how that works out for you, William." Aengus replied, sitting down to warm himself by the fire. This new stranger seemed friendly enough, but appearances can be deceiving.

"Well, friend, we're on somewhat of a pilgrimage ourselves. Heading out into the world in search primarily of knowledge & enlightenment. As for why we have specifically come to this tower, I'd imagine that it's for the same reason as you. That being, of course, to seek shelter from the dreadful storm outside."

"On a related note, we really should scrounge up something to eat. After all, who knows how long we'll be stuck here? I'm sure Dee could use a bite or two, & I've worked up quite an appetite as well. I'm sure there must be some game around here to hunt. As soon as my pants finish drying, I'll gladly head out to hunt something. Unless anyone else has a suggestion?"
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:15 am

((COMPUTER ATE MY POST. But one's coming later. School now.))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 am

Placing a hand on the shoulders of the two seated gentleman, Trrrb loosed a diffusing comment.

"Now now, Aengus, Will, you're both pretty."

"And on that note..." she strode forward and grabbed a small, burning, ember from the bonfire, "I think I'll check on our draconian companion."

She spun on her heel and walked towards the door, giving the rest of the party a thumbs up as she rounded the frame.
The heat in her hand was a welcome change from the downpour as she siphoned the energy, that the ember was attempting to burn her with, into her limbs and around her wings. Of all the tricks she had learned, this was one of her favorites.

Looking to the sky, she began making her way towards the lake. The clouds were doing their level best to wring themselves out; she could see no sign of the skyhound either.

"Terrible weather to ask for a favor in, he's probably found a place where it isn't even raining by now."
crimsonCroc
crimsonCroc

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 pm

((Okay, Trrrb is now my new favorite character. Hahahah))

At the sound of footsteps, Dee's unburdened ear flicked up and he cracked an eye open.

"Enjoying the weather?" He asked, content to let the drops stream off his snout. He rolled over onto his back, and rolled a ball of water between his paws on his belly.

Tiring of that, he let it melt away into the pool and pointed his snout at the sky. "You know, there's not a single Water dragon that can fly." He mused aloud, staring at the clouds. "All that up there, almost completely out of reach. I'd like to see what it's like up in the clouds...

Hahah, our guide probably finds it terribly annoying. Did you see his face when the rain started coming down?"
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Tue May 01, 2012 12:18 am

((Doot dee doot. Going to give it another day or so before bunping things, because I've written a great deal of the recent posts.))
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Tue May 01, 2012 3:14 pm

"Oh come on, like I don't know how to keep a structure completely so--" He was cut off by Trrrb, and shut himself up, focusing his attention grumpily to the ground, then up at the other man by the fire. "And yeah, what he said, we're on our way up this mountain. My name's William, earth magician. A pleasure to meet you." He extended a hand in greeting to the stranger, who hopefully wouldn't be a stranger much longer.
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Thu May 03, 2012 6:58 pm

((Woop.))
Though mildly annoyed by Trrrb's remark, Aengus decided it'd be best to just stay quiet. No need to start a fight with friends. Sure, he might be a little tired from the walk, & still a little cold from the rain, but he couldn't really afford to lose him temper. Besides, he needed to stay focused on their new, still nameless acquaintance. Wouldn't be a good idea to forget about him. That's how you end up with a knife in your back.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sat May 05, 2012 6:14 am

((Kind of hoping either Greg or AJ will post soon? That'd be nice. Guys.))
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  aceDiamond Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 pm

The cloaked man extends a hand "Pleasure to meet you, William. Please, call me Brother Ericsson. It looks like you've got more of your companions than I thought." He produces a small pouch and hands it to him. "I'm not sure if there's enough for everyone, but you're certainly welcome to what you need."

Within the pouch, you find two loaves of bread. "I'm sorry if your friend prefers meat, but you're welcome to whatever you need. The nearest town isn't too far from here, if you're headed in that direction in the morning, we can stock up on supplies in the morning. But in the meantime, we can keep company."
aceDiamond
aceDiamond

http://www.formspring.me/aceDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Tue May 08, 2012 7:41 pm

((Sorrysorrysorry guys! I just got done with finals week and moving out and I haven't been around a computer a lot. Not to mention my account inexplicably stopped sending me topic reply notifications...))

Lydia bounced in happily, sat still long enough to listen to the stranger's name, but all she could remember was Brother. Was he like Angel? No, it must be some different kind of brother. She studied him carefully. Well, he didn't resemble her the way Angel did, and he didn't behave like Angel did. Maybe he was everybody's brother? Lydia couldn't just call him "Brother," Angel would get confused. Well, when she was addressing somebody older than she, her parents had taught her it was polite to call people "Mr." and "Mrs." So she decided to call this new gentleman "Mr. Brother." Satisfied with this, she pranced happily around the tower to make sure all else was well, then trotted back over to the fire and sat down next to Aengus to get dry, shooting him a huge smile as she did so.

Angel hurried in from the rain, shaking violently, half from the cold that had already soaked him thoroughly, and half from the terror of being carried up a cliff in the eight hairy arms of a gigantic spider woman. The elf dashed straight to the fire at first, then stopped short when he noticed the stranger, and then slunk cautiously around to the other side of the flames, positioning himself as far away from the newcomer as possible, while still being close enough to the fire to dry his clothes.

As Taryn entered the tower, she left her icy umbrella outside, shaking the water off the fur of her abdomen as she walked in. She still wasn't entirely dry, however, and her thin excuse for a shirt was sort of...sticking to her. Unfazed by the fact that her figure was now more obvious than it had ever been, she patiently scuttled over to the fire and sat down on one side of their new acquaintance, just in time to hear him introduce himself to William. When the earth-manipulator was finished speaking to the man whose shelter they had intruded, Taryn put out a hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Brother Ericsson," she said smoothly, her voice and her attitude not rumpled by the rain. "My name is Taryn, a heat-wielder. Do you have any magics of your own?"
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Wed May 09, 2012 4:23 am

William blinked, surprised. The man's words surprised him more than anything on this journey as of yet. "Brother Ericsson you said? What you said might hold more truth than you thought, I'm an Ericsson as well. That's... Well that's quite the coincidence! Here on a mountain in the middle of nowhere. Well met, Brother."

((I'm serious, that's been his full name since day one. William Ericsson. You can check my first post.))
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Wed May 09, 2012 7:43 pm

"Oddly coincidental, but not unheard of, Billy. I've met my share of during my travels McLoughlins, & I doubt that I share a drop of blood with any of them. Though that is admittedly due to extenuating circumstances that I'll refrain from getting into at this point in time. Oh, & my name is Aengus, Brother. A pleasure to meet you, & thank you for your offer."

Aengus was almost startled by Lydia's sudden appearance at his side, having been too focused on the warmth of the fire & the movements of Brother Ericsson to keep apprised of his surroundings. Seeing her smile, he returned it in kind, glad that her mood had not soured after that little misunderstanding at the entrance. It would be upsetting & unfortunate to lose the friendship of such a sweet child.

Angel's cautious approach caught Aengus's attention, reassuring him that it would be prudent to stay alert. After all, better safe than sorry. Said mindset did not last long, however, as Aengus had to purposely avert his gaze, & attention, in order to avoid staring as their Arachnid companion joined the party around the fire. Had he not already given his cloak to Lydia, he'd be awkwardly offering it to her at this point in time.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Wed May 09, 2012 10:02 pm

(( So I FINALLY got access to a scanner to finally present to you: THIS. (Click on "THIS".) It's Taryn! Her legs are too small proportionate to her body in the picture, but you can imagine it. The top half is the important part, and that top half is pretty accurate. Yes, that sheet around her torso is white, and thin. And for the time being it's wet. XD Have fun, gents. ))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Sat May 12, 2012 5:00 pm

((Since we're still waiting for another update, nice work AJ. Looks good, & I'm sure it will make things at least a tad awkward for the male characters.))
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 pm

((Thanks! That's the idea. Wink Or at least to make things interesting. xD))
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  crimsonCroc Sat May 12, 2012 8:40 pm

UU wrote:((Okay, Trrrb is now my new favorite character. Hahahah))

At the sound of footsteps, Dee's unburdened ear flicked up and he cracked an eye open.

"Enjoying the weather?" He asked, content to let the drops stream off his snout. He rolled over onto his back, and rolled a ball of water between his paws on his belly.

Tiring of that, he let it melt away into the pool and pointed his snout at the sky. "You know, there's not a single Water dragon that can fly." He mused aloud, staring at the clouds. "All that up there, almost completely out of reach. I'd like to see what it's like up in the clouds...

Hahah, our guide probably finds it terribly annoying. Did you see his face when the rain started coming down?"

"He looked like he had stepped in something; never thought I would see that kind of face on someone with no legs."

Trrrb turned her sight toward the clouds, "It's funny, being able to fly, but not being able to see the open sky. You have to be born an advanced scout to be able to see everything... I'm only able to go so high, but I feel that same sense of curiosity tugging at my wings."

She faces downward and lets out a small sigh, "Ah well, no use pining." Crossing her arms, Trrrb gestures back to the structure with her thumb.

"The man in the tower seems to be just a traveler. I left before I had a proper introduction but the others should be conversing as we speak. Aengus also suggested that we do something for food, but I'm not too familiar with the local fauna. Do you have any ideas?"
crimsonCroc
crimsonCroc

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Sun May 13, 2012 1:30 am

"In this storm? No, not much. Might have better luck with flora. Plants don't seek shelter from the rain." He pushed a noseful of less-than-appetizing pond weed onto the bank.

"..... Maybe I should go and meet the new face." He said, slinking out of the water, and giving a shake that was next to useless in this downpour. For formality's sake.

Sticking his head into the crumbling tower, he was about to introduce himself, when a loud crack in the forest startled him, and sent him lunging into the small space, yelping and trampling the fire by accident. The space may have been large enough for the group of bipeds, but with a large dragon, things quickly became claustrophobic. The fire was out and smoking terribly, and Dee was pressing several someones against the wall while his front left leg got snagged in a window when he tried to turn around.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breannainn Tue May 15, 2012 12:50 am

"AUGH!" was all Aengus could say as Dee's flailing form pinned him to the wall smacked him against the wall. He had tried to push Lydia out of the way, but had no idea whether or not he actually succeeded in protecting the child from harm. It was times like these that made him wish he wore armor 24/7. Then again, that would be fairly impractical, especially if he wanted to maintain his speed. Not that it had done him much good in this situation.

"Dee, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with our relationship progressing this fast. I like you & all, but this not-so-tender embrace is a bit much, don't you think? We should really just be friends." All joking aside, Aengus briefly contemplated whether or not he was bleeding internally at this point. Hopefully, he was not.
Breannainn
Breannainn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum