Forumspring RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

+7
Erikisadumbswede
ApplauseJunkie
Dmab
GovernorMuffin
M0Smun
aceDiamond
UU
11 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  UU Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 pm

"That" Dee said, fur bristling, "Is not the Shifter. It's something from the Deep Woods. I don't know the human word for it. But there aren't many left. I don't know why it would come /here/."

The beat lifted it's head from the ruin of the Inn. It's face was similar to a crocodile that had run face-first into a wall. Ugly and mean, there was a spot of black on it's cheek, that looked... rooted, branching out to cover most of the face. It roared, bellowing in pain and madness as it looked for more to gorge on.

"More" Dee translated. "More. Consumed. Fill me." He shuddered.

Shrinking away from the giant he cried, "By the Muse, kill it!"
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Quest for the Shifter's Soul ((RP!))

Post  M0Smun Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Brine had already begun his ascent of the ruined inn, finding hand and footholds as though they appeared magically in his grasp. He reached the top quickly, taking a second to look down at the people gathered around the rubble. His face was not his own anymore. It had been replaced with a worn iron mask portraying an eerily sorrowful face.

Brine turned again, his cloak flying behind him, and crossed his arms over himself, reaching behind his back. His hands returned with two vicious-looking daggers that he wielded with confidence. Without a word, he leaped toward the monster's hind leg, sinking his knives into its muscle tissue and holding on tightly.
M0Smun
M0Smun

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:14 am

"You got it!" William drew his sword, which had an unusual brown color to it, with odd symbols and engravings along the blade. It gleamed like any other steel sword, however, the engravings and color were the only odd things about it. He slammed a heel into the ground behind him, causing a large slab of road to uproot below. It rocketed him towards the beast, though he misjudged his trajectory. The slab slammed into the roof, but not before William jumped off, and sunk his sword into the beast, dangling like a rock climber from its' side. This could have gone better.
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:27 am

Angel looked up and staggered backwards, staring wildly up at the beast. His hood fell off again, but he didn't notice, trying to get as far away from the thing as possible. Surprisingly, he didn't bother to scoop Lydia up and carry her with him in his retreat. "Lydia!" he shreiked instead, pointing at it.
Lydia turned around and looked at it. "Got it!" she called, tossing her hood off and turning to face it squarely, planting her little feet. Lydia's hair was tied back as well, but instead of blond like Angel's, hers was silvery white. She held two tiny hands straight in front of her, palms facing the monster. Without warning, (and before she could notice two men hanging from the beast by knives) two massive bolts of lightning shot from Lydia's palms and attacked the beast.
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmab Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 am

((nak. This is going to suck because I had to rewrite it because my computer deleted it AUGH.))
((Additionally: This operates on a lot of assumptions about things that were left out of the original posts. If there is anything amiss about it, I'll change it.))

Amidst the chaos, the sound of hooves on stone is heard by a drunkard, hiding out in an outhouse. He emerges, hoping for it to be Royal Cavalrymen sent to assist or rescue. He emerges from the outdoor restroom to greet these fine gentlemen. He stumbles out and falls into the grass, but quickly brushes himself off and stands back up again.

He traces the clopping sounds to a man mounted upon a brilliant white horse. The man himself is concealed in a black shawl. The drunkard goes to flag down the man, bumping into his horse in his clumsiness.

"It'd serve you well to watch where you are going, friend." says the mounted man, in an almost Gaelic accent.

The drunkard stumbles back a bit, surprised at the foreign sound emanating from the hidden mouth of his rescuer.

"Ey, a'll be sha to keep that in min'..." says the drunkard, slurring.

The mounted man surveys the scene, looking at the monster and those fighting it. The Drunkard looks at him in a puzzled way.

"What brings ya here?" the drunkard says in a joking tone.

The mounted man turns his head to the drunkard. The drunkard feels that a glare has been set upon him, though the mounted man's head is concealed.

"...say, why's ya hurse got no head?" the drunkard suddenly asks, accusingly.

The Mounted Man reaches for a blade at his side, drawing it slightly so that the steel may shine as a warning.

"...yer onna dem damn Centaurs ain't cha! Duh nerve of ya, comin' here now atta toim like thi-"

It was then the Centaur's sword was at the neck of the foolish man.

"S-slow dahn, bud..."

"I lessen my haste for no man. What your people likes to forget is that you're the ones who started the war. You also fancy forgetting that the so called "Centauric" Wars are long over. I'm here for the reason anyone else is."

The Drunkard, in a fit of either bravery or stupidity, grabs the handle of the Centaur's blade. He is suddenly knocked to his back by an immense gust of wind. The Centaur, named Carbry, trots off hurriedly to assist in defeating this terrible beast.
Dmab
Dmab
Admin
Admin

https://oascar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:37 am

((If something was left out then that's pretty much so you guys can fill it in if you'd like.

This is a trading town, so there would be /some/ guards, but with all the people coming in and out, they'd be more focused on protecting the merchant's goods than much else. Could be some Royal Guards too, sent by kings and queens to find the Shifters Soul. (bear with me I made up this whole world on a sudden whim. X3 )

I'm just going to say that these Centauric wars were over a few hundred years ago, and it was from when humans fleeing some tyrannical leader attempted to build homes on Centaur land. The centaurs didn't like their forest destroyed and attacked the humans, including those who arrived to chase them. And from there it simply dissolved into bad feelings all around and fighting.))

((I'll post some in-char stuff as soon as I get back from work))
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmab Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm

((That puts Centaurs in a light I didn't really intend for with this character. Can we work out details over Skype?))
Dmab
Dmab
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 pm

((No problem dmab. Future note to everybody: I'm not going ot be overly strict when you make things up, but as you can see, it's a good idea to clear it with me first. :p ))

((Take a look at the beastie you're currently fighting, as compared to Deesize and humansize. https://i.imgur.com/4MCMG.jpg ))

((and also I drew another Dee, because Dee is great. https://i.imgur.com/2SsDF.jpg ))

To look at the size of knives and swords against this large monstrous beast, you would suspect that it would be like fighting with toothpicks. Yet, for all it's size, the skin wasn't even leathery tough. The blades sunk deep and smoothly into flesh, doing terrible damage and making it screech it's pain and shake it's limbs to be rid of the troublesome attackers. The bolt of lighting smacked into it's broad side, sending the whole beast to twitching, and even sending sharp jolts into the metal of the blades imbedded in the beast.

Almost painfully slowly the beast toppled, with a great animal groan, and fell off the building onto the street on the other side of the pub.

Dee raced through the thin alleyway, arching over boxes and garbage to watch the fallen beast as it attempted to lumber to it's feet.

"Fire... Firefirefire!" The dragon muttered to himself, looking around and then clawing at the rubble of the building. "Come on, come on... Around here somewhere...."
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  M0Smun Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Electricity surged into Brine's arms, causing them to convulse and nearly forcing him to lose his grip. He grit his teeth, giving a low growl as pain washed through his limbs. Astonishingly he managed to hang on as the beast fell on its side.

The monster was on the ground. Brine took this opportunity to withdraw his knives from its flesh, stained with red. As the beast began to rise, Brine ran forward, moving with the creature and eventually ending up on its back. He looked down at the monstrosity almost pityingly. It seemed to be in pain, and not just from the multiple attacks it had received. Perhaps this is what provoked it?

Thinking quickly, he moved to the monster's head and stood there, bracing himself against the horror's movements.

He waited for the opportunity, his eyes set patiently upon his target.
M0Smun
M0Smun

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmab Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Carbry saw that his opportunity to assist in the downfall of this ferocious beast had passed. Not to much of a shame, perhaps. Certainly saves him an arrow or two. He sees the beast convulse on the ground a bit, and draws his blade. He looks to Brine, and trots forward to stop next to the neck of the beast. He gives a greeting, and looks upon this warrior. If he has caught his attention, he gives him a nod, approving the slaying of the beast. A condescending notion, perhaps, it is the implied right of any warrior to deliver the finishing blow to a foe he has defeated.
Dmab
Dmab
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:14 am

The composition of William's sword lessened the electricity arcing through the beast and into his hands, though he could say less for his boots, firmly planted on the beast's side. The lightning shooting through his body caused his grip to tighten on his sword, then loosen as the world faded for a few seconds.

When he came to, he was on the ground, with the beast falling right over him. The most he could do in that split second of time was create a large cone of stone as a spike to protect himself as the beast crashed to the ground. As it got up, he released the magic, shedding his protective shell. He stumbled for a bit, disoriented from the impact and electricity, then reached out a hand towards his sword still embedded in the beast, which came to him like a hunting eagle as he ran for the beast once again.
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:39 am

The beat was down but not done. It yowled, and lurched, getting one leg under it, and then another.

It was just about to lumber deeper into the town when a sudden flash of fire smacked it in the face. Amazingly, the fire came from Dee.

The resourceful dragon had dug out a large jug of alcohol, and directed the flammable liquid into a loose fire consuming the ruined buildings. He couldn't direct it long like that, and the alcohol burned fast, but acting quickly he flung the burning booze at the beast. Draconic Molotov.

It shrieked, laying down and pawing at it's face. It was hard to tell with the fire, but it seemed like the dark... mass.. on it's face was writhing, moving and eventually dissappearing.

"What are you waiting for?! Kill it!" Dee howled. This was no time for 'honor'.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:16 am

William once again kicked up a chunk of road below him and sped towards the beast, having the front end of the chunk spiked so as to ram the thing. It seemed like overkill to use the same tactic on the same enemy, but he missed the first time, and this thing was huge. Of course, it was rather wearing on his stamina, dragging these huge slabs around. He again jumped off at the last second, landing on the beasts back while the spike slammed into its' side, this time making sure to watch for any more lightning strikes from the young girl.
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmab Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:30 am

During this last oslaught of attacks, the Centaur took a supportive role, firing several arrows into the flesh of the beast. It screamed with pain being attacked on all sides, before falling swiftly onto tw spike of Earth. He trots up next to the face of the beast and looks into its large eyes.

"There's life in this one yet. Faint, yes, but life nonetheless. You have been a worthy adversary, creature. Your suffering ends by my hand." he says as he draws his blade and plunges it down to the handle between the monster's eyes. He removes his blade and removes a cloth, diligently cleaning the weapon while trotting toward the dragon.

From the hidden nature of his face due to the cloak, some may have deduced he intended to attack, from the focus he kept on his weapon. However, he sheathed it as he neared him.

"You are certainly clever."

Dmab
Dmab
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  M0Smun Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:58 am

((Dammit Dmab you killstealing bastard XD))

Brine grunted once, seeing the beast had been vanquished. He hopped down, sliding along the curve of the monster's bloodied neck and landing, rolling as he hit the ground. He walked toward the dragon, flicking the blood off of his daggers, the red flecking the ground as he sheathed the blades behind him. He approached the dragon, nodding to it once in what could be assumed to be gratitude, the anonymity of his mask only making the gesture more obscure. The emotionless face turned to the centaur, looking it up and down once, before shaking slowly.

Brine turned, flicking his cloak around himself as he walked away without a word.

((Also, trying to art Brine, but cannot find fucking power cord for USB hub, therefor cannot use Tablet.
God damn it.
Also I'm going to draw his mask because it looks cool in my head but is impossible to portray in words))
M0Smun
M0Smun

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmab Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:11 am

((You Do still owe me art of Rachel M0Smun. Well not owe but...yeah.))
Dmab
Dmab
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  M0Smun Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:13 am

((Yes, I know, Dmab >.< I'm sorry it's taken this long. It's hard to do art you didn't come up with yourself.))
M0Smun
M0Smun

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmab Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:26 am

((It's okay babycakes I understand))
Dmab
Dmab
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:14 am

((And here's William, just thought I'd draw him

A bust is all you're getting because fuck how do I scale mail. https://i.imgur.com/TX5WQ.jpg))
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  UU Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:07 am

Dee kept his ears flat back against his skull, looking over at the dead creature. He suddered all along his length and only then seemed to notice the centaur. "What? Clever? Oh the fire... Old trick." He said, still somewhat distracted. "Thank you... For... ending this. To listen to what it was saying was just..." Here he lasped into a dragon's whine, untranslatable well wishing for the spirit to find rest.
UU
UU
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Lydia had cut the lightning as soon as she realized that there were allies being hurt by the electricity. "Oops!" she squeaked, covering her mouth with her hands. She looked back at Angel for some kind of approval, but her companion was still staring wildly at the beast and didn't notice her at all. "It's okay, Angel," she said, approaching him slowly. "They're gonna take care of it now." Angel said nothing, flinching at the burst of fire from Dee.
Lydia gave up and trotted back to the fray, just in time to see the centaur extract his blade from the thing's forehead. She smiled a little, pleased that the others had managed to take it down almost all on their own. "Sorry I shocked you guys," she chirped to Brine and William. "I didn't see you."
Turning her attention to the source of the small burst of fire, she was surprised to see Dee responsible for it. Borne by curiosity and her affinity for the dragon, she hurried to him, but as she approached, Dee started to make a strange draconic whine. It sounded to Lydia almost like crying, so she rushed to him and took one of his claws in her hands. "Don't cry, Dee," she consoled him, "It's over now. We won."
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:00 pm

William extracted the slab from the vanquished beast, jumped onto it and floated safely to the ground. He stepped off, walking towards Dee, and glared a bit at the centaur as he passed, but was thankful in his mind for Carbry's intervention and ultimately killing the thing. Looking back up at it, William was surprised at how big it actually was. He took a cloth and wiped his sword clean, then sheathed it.

At Lydia's apology he waved a dismissing hand, then offered it to shake. "No, don't worry about it, I've had worse. The name's William, that was an impressive display of magic back there."
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  frozenLake Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Oliver is beginning to build up a bubble of static electricity in the air, but then realizes the enemy is destroyed. In his lapse of concentration, he loses control of a small amount of the electricity, and thus accidentally causes all of his hair to shoot straight up into the air, becoming a huge mess on his head. Blushing, Oliver dispels the orb of electricity, then asks a simple question. "Does anyone have a hair brush? I seem to have messed up my hair."

frozenLake

Back to top Go down

Post  ApplauseJunkie Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Lydia smiled at William and shook his hand happily, having to use both hands to actually shake it. She giggled when he complimented her magical skills. "Thanks," she squealed. "I had to practice a lot to not blow stuff up. Angel says I show it off, so I only use it when we're in trouble because Angel--"
"LYDIA." Angel screeched.
Lydia stopped midsentence and giggled, clapping a hand over her mouth. "Never mind." She turned and went back to Dee, trying to stop the horrible whines the dragon was producing. "There, there," she cooed, practically crawling up the dragon's neck to hug him. "Everything's okay. Don't cry."
Angel threw his hood back over his face, glaring at his younger companion.
ApplauseJunkie
ApplauseJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  GovernorMuffin Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:46 pm

William raised a brow at Angel. Quite a pair, these two. One outgoing and friendly, the other withdrawn and... rather nervous, it seemed. William approached Angel with an outstretched hand and a smile in greeting as he did Lydia. It never did well to make enemies, and good comrades always were helpful in a fight. "Hey there, name's William. You must be that young woman's caretaker? You did well raising her."
GovernorMuffin
GovernorMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum